Monday, February 15, 2010

Mission: Um...Possible!

Well, folks, no recipe today unfortunately, I haven't been doing anything too adventurous in the kitchen this week, just salads, tuna on lavash flatbread, smoothies, etc...all pretty standard fare!  I thought I had better check in though, as I hadn't written in a few days...

Today for lunch we had tuna on a salad made with romaine, red peppers, cucumber, chopped dried ( unsweetened! ) apricots, raisins and tzatziki dressing...very refreshing...we had a couple of Suzie's kamut flatbreads with it...



This morning at the gym was HARD again, back and calves...the workout itself wasn't terribly overwhelming but we were both tired heading into it...yesterday we didn't go to the gym at all, but we did take the dogs to Bruce Pit for a good long walk, and fresh air...it was beautiful and sunny, cold but not unpleasantly so...I'm sure looking forward to spring! Some days it doesn't feel like it's far off...other days it feels like it'll never get there...

I did my once-a-month weigh and measure, I'm happy with the inches but disappointed in the weight number..HOWEVER, it's how you look and feel that counts, right? And since I started this particular adventure I'm down 21 and a half inches in total, 4 and a half of those off of my waist alone, so that's awesome...I do feel much much better, and although my arm measurement hasn't changed since I started, it used to be fluffy, dimpled and pudgy inches, now it's rock hard muscle inches...so that's awesome...I have striations in my chest and shoulders also and my quads are like rocks when I'm using them, so I realllly shouldn't care so much about that number on that &@#%$# scale....

Anyways i'm off to do something useful, have a nice day and I'll write again soon....I picked up some things called "Eddoes" at Produce Depot yesterday and am looking for information on cooking them, I'd never bought them ( or paid any attention to them quite frankly ) before so they're new to me!

Bye for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment