Monday, November 22, 2010

The Onset of Misery...

This morning... 6:00am... my front door opened and I was presented with the world..covered in a sheet of ice.  The salt trucks had gone by at 2:30am and so I knew something was coming...but.... yuk.  My car was a dish best served cold and I had to run it for some time before the ice retracted her claws...


Ontario is a fickle wench though... you just never know...tomorrow morning it's supposed to be ten degrees and raining.. when the real snow sets in and insulates the world for sound, it's so pretty on sunny days and so miserable when you're tired and it's dark and you just got home to a driveway-full... I've lived in and around Ottawa for 36 years now so I suppose if I was really truly anti-winter I would have been long gone but there is something about the trees with their branches full of fresh snow, the 'puh' of a snow-lump falling off of the roof, the freshness of the winter air on a sunny day and the creaking of it under your boots... I've been telling myself all along that I'm not ready for it, but this year, I think I may just be.

But I can do without the freezing rain...

Clear roads and the wind at your back, boys... be safe out there..

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment