Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dancing to a Different Tuna

What a day!! Work was chaotic...which, although it makes the day go by quickly, also makes one's brain cramp up... after work it was the kidlet's taekwondo class, during which I go to the gym... right now I'm just doing cardio because I"ve been advised that while I'm being this careful about what I eat, I shouldn't be doing resistance training..but it's so TEMPTING!!! I love it... the other problem is that my laptop, the one with the blue screen of DEATH has all of the weight regimen in it... the charts telling me to do this on this day and that on that day...

So anyways cardio it is, I get my house music/techno going on the mp3 and just go... I keep it at 3.9kms and do a varied incline, and I like to go for 45 mins to 55 mins with a 5 minute cooldown... I get a good sweat on doing that... feels awesome...

I do sort of have a recipe, actually it's just a mixture of things to make a better version of an old favourite...

"Dancing to a Different Tuna"

2 cans white tuna in broth or water, preferably water
1 can Cloverleaf Lemon&Dill tuna, don't squeeze the liquid out! ( The other flavoured tunas in that series are full of sugar and oil..gross.. watch the peanut satay one..FIRST ingredient..sugar... )
finely chopped celery 4 tbsp
finely chopped onions or shallots ( red onion is the best... in my humble opinion... ) 4 tbsp
fat free Miracle Whip
1/2 tsp celery salt
very generous grind of fresh black pepper, coarse ( I use the tri-colour peppercorns from Bulk Barn, they're really nice...white, red, black )

Mix it all up and leave it in the fridge over night...

I use mini bretons to scoop it up ( only 10 of them though! If I still have tuna left I switch to celery, but if you weigh out 100g of the tuna salad it works perfectly for the 10 mini brets ) and it is nothing short of extraordinary...I'm not sure I would like the Lemon&Dill tuna straight up..but mixed into the 2 bigger cans of white? Wowsers... it's flavourful without being overpowering, and it's different enough to keep tuna salad from getting boring...

My thoughts tonight are with a certain hardworking man who's on the road for days and days on end, and would probably kill for something homemade, anything homemade..even some wierd tuna salad. Sometimes simple is best...

OH and this morning, I was .6 pounds away from having lost FIFTY pounds since July 12... which in case I haven't mentioned it and I don't think I have, was the date of the Expulsion... rendering me blissfully single again... and life changed for the better... 

Good night all, I'll write again soon...
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment